4.12.2009

Hypocritical Liar

I have a date on Tuesday night. To tell or not to tell? That is the question.

Turns out that when you take a poll, people have very strong feelings about whether it is necessary to confess that you are, essentially, bringing a third human along for the ride. Some think you should tell before the first date. Others at the end. Still others believe it is not necessary to tell until "the sex date." What do you think?

Really, I haven't even told some of my best friends that I am pregnant. Why should I tell this veritable stranger?

The bigger ethical question is: How should I update my online dating profile to reflect the nuances of this situation? If I characterize myself as "honest," and I don't tell about the baby, then I am a liar. If I write that I am liar, and then I do tell about the baby, I am a hypocrite.

No comments:

Post a Comment