4.01.2009

Engorged

I went to my ob/gyn for the first time this week. After looking at my ultrasound (“Everything looks great!”), and debriefing me on just how very likely it is that my kid will be mentally or physically deformed thanks to my advanced maternal age (that line was not supposed to be funny), she proceeded to do a manual exam and press on my uterus.

“Oh, you’re VERY pregnant.”

Again with the very pregnant! What the hell does that mean?

“Your uterus is just nice and engorged.”

Is it just me, or should the word “engorged” never be used in that context? It does not belong next to my uterus. I could think of a neighboring body part that I would like to be engorged… or even some foreign body parts that I would like to have in my neighborhood IF engorged.

Uterus. Not on that list.

No comments:

Post a Comment