3.03.2009

Mini-Me

Getting dumped when your pregnant is a bit like getting jilted at the altar: it doesn't really matter how fast or how big the oncoming bullet was when you dodged it, it still feels like they hit you right between the eyes.

I've never been a dater, so it shouldn't disappoint me that I'm off the dating scene for, oh, 2 years to life. But it's like anything: as soon as someone says you can't have it, you want it.

Talking to mis companeras, I am reminded that the pickin's are slim out there anyway. Its so hard to accept people for who they are, and so damn easy to find fault around every corner. The only way to avoid the trappings of other people's failings seems to be to surround yourself with the company of someone above criticism - someone just like you.

Therefore, spawning a little GeeGee is actualy the BEST way to insure that I will be in the company of someone who meets my approval.

I know a lot of people think raising kids is about making the world a better place, but it seems both more interesting and more realistic to think of it as a form of low-rent cloning.

Can’t find anyone you like? Make a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment